An extra big show this week full of some educational and informative guests for the Virtual Assistant industry. Also, a big applause to Karen Reddick who appeared on the NBC Today Show promoting Virtual Assistants across the globe. Thanks Karen! Read Karen’s congratulatories and view the video clip here at the VANA Forum.
Leave us comments/feedback in comment area at the bottom of the page as we love to hear what you think!
Below are the SHOW NOTES as promised for your surfing convenience.
VA Industry Spotlight
Click to interact at the VANA Forum with VirtualAssistanceU
PhyllisJordon introduces us to Virtual Assistance U, a global leader for Virtual Assistant Training. Also joining Phyllis is Danielle Ruffin, a VAU Graduate.
Should You Become a Graduate Virtual Assistant (GVA)?
Visit Graduate of VAU, Danielle Ruffin’s website.
All VANA members Get 20% Discount off all VAU’s training programs.
Get your own VAdala, the first official wearable symbol for successful and aspiring Virtual Assistants, their clients, family and friends who support VAs as mentioned in today’s show.
Click here to interact at the VANA Forum with Joan Stewart, The Publicity Hound
|If You Have a Publicity Problem, The Publicity Hound Has Your Solution
Publicity expert Joan Stewart shows you how to use free publicity to establish your credibility, enhance your reputation, position yourself as an expert, sell more products and services, promote a favorite cause or issue, and position your company as an employer of choice.
Ways to do research to find publicity contacts:
Other Places to Get Publicity Online:
Visit Joan’s newest Publicity Hound University for Virtual Assistants – Joan will turn you into a Lean, Mean Publicity Machine in just 5 days. An extra service you can provide to your clients to help you make more money as a Virtual Assistant.
Click here to interact at the VANA Forum with Brent Reilly
Brent Reilly of PC Computer Help teaches us how to increase the productivity of your Firefox browser using Firefox Extensions.
Here are a few of Brent’s favorite extensions:
1. Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer If you use Firefox on more than one computer, you’ll want Foxmarks. Install Foxmarks on each computer, and it will work silently in the background to keep your bookmarks synchronized.
2. FoxyTunes Do you listen to Music while surfing the Web? FoxyTunes lets you control almost any media player and find lyrics, covers, videos, bios and much more with a click right from your browser.
3. Adblock Plus Ever been annoyed by all those ads and banners on the internet that often take longer to download than everything else on the page? Install Adblock Plus now and get rid of them
4. Sage Sage is a lightweight RSS and Atom feed aggregator extension for Mozilla Firefox. It’s got a lot of what you need and not much of what you don’t.
5. Search Engines a few popular search sites in the Search Bar in the upper-right corner of Firefox. If you’d like to add more, there are hundreds to choose from. Click on a Search Engine to add it to your Firefox Search Bar
6. Firefox Showcase Showcase provides a new way to manage your Firefox tabs and windows by showing them as thumbnails in a single window, tab or sidebar. Includes a find bar that will filter the thumbnails, and the capability to select the thumbnails in the same way you would select files in your system.
7. 404 : Page is Not Found ? Now it will be! If a page was (re)moved and now shows ‘404 page/file/site not found’ error, this tiny extension uploads archived version of a page (from wayback machine at archive.org).
8. RankQuest SEO Toolbar RankQuest SEO(Search Engine Optimization) Toolbar provides you quick access to more than 30 intuitive SEO tools. Alexa Rank and Page Rank provided by Alexa and Google respectively ensures the popularity of the site. Once you download and install the SEO Toolbar you are only one or two clicks away from carrying out most of your day to day SEO.
9. ColorZilla Advanced Eyedropper, ColorPicker, Page Zoomer and other colorful goodies.
10. IE Tab This is a great tool for web developers, since you can easily see how your web page displayed in IE with just one click and then switch back to Firefox.
Don’t forget to add the Virtual Assistant Toolbar too!
I hope you enjoy all of your new extensions. remember to have fun with them.
Click here to interact at the VANA Forum with Karri and Tawnya
Karri Flatla and Tawnya Sutherland, your Internet Marketing experts, answer this question of the week:
WHY you should consider outsourcing your SEO (search engine optimization)?
Learn SEO on your own:
Don’t forget to signup for our newsletter (upper right corner of website) to download Karri & Tawnya’s FREE Special Report from Web Whys: The Straight Goods on Getting More Traffic to Your Website ~ An SEO Primer